The Book of Preludes: 1-15 for Piano introduces original music by company founder, Barry Michael Wehrli.
- 15 evocative preludes blend classical, impressionism, jazz, new age, and more in a neo-romantic setting.
- For late-intermediate through advanced students and professionals.
- Damper and sostenuto pedal indications provided.
- Includes bar numbering and suggested fingering.
- Books personally autographed by the composer.
- 8.5 x 11 soft cover, 62 pages.
- CD and audio download available HERE.
- Individual preludes available in print at SheetMusicPlus.com.
“I just sat down and played through this preludes book. I really like the pieces–if you are looking for creative harmonies, pleasing textures, and some good sight-reading, this book is for you. I also teach piano, so I’ll probably end up having a student or two play out of this book. My personal favorites are no. 5,6,7,11, & 15. Thanks for sharing your great music, Barry!”
Adam Bendorf – Pianist, President of Alberti Publishing.
“This book of preludes by Barry Michael Wehrli is a wonderful collection of miniatures that explore a lot of different musical styles and sound worlds. As I read through each one I was struck by the often “stream-of consciousness” approach. Sometimes phrases fit neatly into nice, neat, square structures that our ears expect. Just as often, though, the composer takes you in a different direction altogether. As I looked back at the introductory notes, this made sense, since the composer stated he was “determined only to write freely and expressively, adhering to no particular styles, rules, or conventions. ‘Neo-Romantic’ certainly is an appropriate general descriptor. The music is tonal, but full of unexpected colors and harmonic shifts. Pieces are by turns lyrical, meditative, and evocative. Throughout, I find the pieces have a rather cinematic quality. A very enjoyable set of works that would make a nice addition to any pianist or piano teacher’s library! (Level: Late Intermediate-Advanced)”
Nicholas Phillips – Assistant Professor of Music at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
Click the Reviews tab above for all book and CD and reviews!
Look inside the book!
Hear the Book of Preludes: 1-15 for Piano!
Quality speakers or headphones recommended.