Classic Series: Volume 2 – Intermediate Basics for the Piano is unique among intermediate piano method books and continues the holistic approach of Volume 1 for the early-intermediate student.
- Five workshops introduce the student to subjects such as key signatures and accidentals, pedaling, ledger line notation and more complex rhythms.
- Music by classical and modern composers is arranged to demonstrate each subject, increasing in texture and complexity as the student progresses.
- Technical workouts develop strength and coordination, supplementing the technique found in Essential Piano and Keyboard Technique.
- Checkouts at the end of each chapter ensure understanding.
- Final Exam and Certificate of Award presented at the end of the book.
- 8.5 x 11 soft cover, 224 pages including 22 flashcard pages
“I have found that [Classic Series] Volume 2’s five workshops cover more complicated musical concepts [than Volume 1] in a comprehensive way that will help students’ positive progress. I would strongly recommend this Series to young teachers and self-study adults.”
Dr. Anna Krendel – Past President and District IX Coordinator, California Association of Professional Music Teachers.
“This is an outstanding book. It is complete and clear in every way. It also could be used as a review book for all levels.”
Delores Rhoads – Owner, Musonia School of Music.
“The Classic Series Volume 2 is an excellent continuation of Volume 1. It contains intuitive activities that quickly expand on one’s knowledge and ability to play the piano as well as arrangements of classic melodies that are extremely rewarding to play. Having personally completed both volumes of The Classic Series, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about taking up the piano.”
See what other professionals have to say on the back cover!