Mastering Intervals is a revolutionary interval theory book for intermediate to advanced keyboardists.
- Three workshops systematically develop mastery in reading, writing, and hearing any interval, enhancing composition and improvisation skills.
- Fifteen analyzed musical excerpts provide additional music theory insight.
- An integral part of our Intermediate Piano Curriculum.
- Glossary and Interval Ear Training Resource guide provided.
- Answer Manual now included – written work can be readily checked!
- 8.25 x 10.5 soft cover, 158 pages.
“It is Wehrli’s contention that knowing intervals ‘cold’ increases skill in music theory, sight-reading, composition and improvisation. My teaching experience certainly confirms this notion. Mastering Intervals… [provides] a solid foundation of interval knowledge and a leg up for all musical endeavors… a welcome addition to any musician’s library. Congratulations on a well-thought-out book!”
Andy LaVerne – Professor of Jazz Piano at The University of Hartford, recording artist and author of Chord Substitutions and Countdown To Giant Steps.
“Mastering Intervals helps fill a significant void in instructional material for pianists. It is an ideal aid for pianists, improvisers, and composers who need to sharpen their comprehension of intervals. Wehrli’s focus on this critically important area of music through both written exercises and ear training makes this workbook a welcome resource in music pedagogy.”
James Ramos – Teacher, clinician & lecturer; Board of Directors, Music Teachers’ Association of California.
“I’ve been teaching piano for over 25 years and it’s been a long, long search to find a wonderful workbook like “Mastering Intervals”. What I like most about this book is how thorough it is and how it emphasizes what intervals look like and sound like (melodically and harmonically) in many different ways to help a student remember. It slowly takes you through each interval step by step and gives plenty of exercises to practice and understand how intervals function independently and interdependently.”
Elaina Farnsworth – Pianist and teacher.
See what other professionals have to say on the back cover!