- Develops instant pitch recognition from piano middle C to the next C above.
- Each of the 14 ear training sessions adds one new pitch at a time, providing an easy learning curve.
- A pitch is given with ample time to guess the correct key name and the answer announced afterward.
- Listen in your car, at work or at home.
- No teacher or assistance needed.
- Over an hour of training time.
- This is a single-user download. Please do not redistribute this copyrighted work.
Please Note: These 14 ear training sessions are not necessarily intended to produce “perfect pitch” in the individual. (Perfect pitch, also called “absolute pitch”, is the ability to recognize a musical pitch correctly by name, without reference to any other previously heard, or even mentally conceived, pitch.) In working through these sessions, only some individuals will be able to hear the new pitch for it’s own particular frequency or vibration, completely disregarding the pitch heard just prior. Instead, most will instinctively retain the previous pitch in their mind, using it to help identify the current pitch, a process commonly known as “relative pitch”. WikiPedia Ear Training Page
Statistically, in our own teaching practices, approximately 10% of students do in fact develop perfect pitch, at least within the Middle C to C range of these ear training sessions. One way this has been confirmed is by distracting the student with conversation, then, with the student’s eyes away from the keyboard, playing a pitch within that range and asking the student to name it. It’s fantastic to see! Or should we say, hear? In any case, no matter how the individual operates, the instructions are clear: when any ear training session is completed, with no mistakes, the next one is started.