Essential Piano and Keyboard Technique takes early-intermediate students well into advanced levels.
- Four sections present technical exercises by category for easy reference.
- Contains a variety of important technical exercises in addition to the traditional scales, chords, arpeggios and cadences.
- Numerous tips on using dynamics and articulation in technical exercises.
- Exceeds the technical requirements established by the MTNA state-affiliate, California Association of Professional Music Teachers, and the Music Teachers’ Association of California.
- Accompanies students far beyond its entry point in our Classic Series: Volume 2 method book.
- 8.5 x 11 soft cover, 156 pages.
- This product qualifies for the 20% Lifetime Teacher Discount.
“What a joy to find a book that. . . is formatted to build a solid technical foundation. . . [and] offers practice suggestions that develop knowledge, fluency and control. Students will find it easy to understand their goals and enjoy a variety of practice strategies in their work. This is a perfect resource for students taking exams such as the National Music Certificate Program, the Associated Board, the Royal Conservatory Examinations, or many state programs.”
Sheila Vail – Member, Royal College of Examiners; Owner, Indian Springs Academy of Music in Cincinnati.
“If you want a comprehensive compendium of exercises that help build almost every aspect of technique, Essential Piano and Keyboard Technique is it. This book is a treasure trove… logically arranged into 4 broad sections for ease of locating specific exercises. Great resource!”
Patsy Rabinowitz – NCTM; Owner, West Chester Academy of Music.
“Essential Piano and Keyboard Technique contains a wide variety of useful technical exercises in addition to traditional scales, chords, arpeggios, and cadences. It provides material for many years of technical study and provides students with the solid technical foundation needed for advanced repertoire. I especially like the inclusion of a keyboard diagram with each scale. Teachers will find this book a valuable resource in preparing students for a variety of evaluations and auditions.”
Karen Rogers – Professor Emeritus of Piano and Piano Pedagogy, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville.
See what other professionals have to say on the back cover!