Music Instruction Forms: 1-Year Journal is comprehensive music assignment book for all instrumentalists at any level of instruction.
- A Weekly Practice Calendar establishes the student’s practice days and times and the total practice hours per week.
- 52 Weekly Lesson Plans carry the student through a full year’s study. These easy to use plans organize assignments by category and provide spaces for the sequence, duration and grading of each assignment, making instruction steps clear to the student in our Piano Curricula or any other.
- Four Quarterly Student Progress Reports assess the student’s strengths and weaknesses, quarterly. Divided into eight study categories and a general comments section, these reports keep the student on track through the year.
- Completed Journals provide a running record of the student’s progress.
- Easy to read and use.
- 8.5 x 11 soft cover, 68 pages.
“Like their Beginning Basics for the Piano, MUSIC INSTRUCTION FORMS:1-YEAR JOURNAL is impressive. Included is a weekly practice calendar which can be duplicated, allowing a student to log his practice and progress for the week. Assignments are written in the journal in detail by the instructor, outlining four areas of work: technique & exercises, rhythm & ear training, theory & other activities, as well as music & sight-reading. None of my studies in the past even approached the depth of the well-rounded and thorough system taught by Linda and Barry Wehrli.”
“As a teacher, one of the most difficult things is to establish a ritual of consistent, engaged practice amongst my students. Here we have a highly organized way of having our students record and establish all practice sessions with a goal-oriented mindset. I would suggest all teachers struggling with this issue to try and implant the strategies presented here!”
Carlos Gardels – Pianist, faculty member at Citrus College in Glendora, CA