Piano Practice and Performance is the single, most important source for success at the piano.
- Four chapters present helpful and concise tips and strategies for successful practice, memorization and performance.
- Designed to help students and aspiring professionals reach their goals.
- For students and parents, at home, those “other 6 days of the week”.
- Used with the Classic Series: Volume 1 and Volume 2 books.
- Researched and tested by the authors in their own teaching practices.
- Glossary of musical terms included.
- 8.25 x 10.5 soft cover, 66 pages.
- This product qualifies for the 20% Lifetime Teacher Discount.
“Wow, here is the ideal collection of practice and performance tips, all in one place! As a teacher, I will often go into great detail with my students about the ideal practice routine, a memorization technique or a fingering concept. This is great, to have all these concepts written out in detail for the student’s reference! The step-by-step schedule for planning a performance is, by itself, worth the price of the book! Thanks Barry, I have made this a required reference for all my students.”
Lee Galloway – Past President, Music Teachers’ Association of California; composer and performing artist.
“Piano Practice and Performance is a well-researched and written manual for piano students of any age, which offers helpful tips on a range of issues. . . contains essential wisdom, succinctly yet imaginatively put together; it is well organized and presented, making it user-friendly.”
Dr. Dmitry Rachmanov – Professor of Piano and Chair of Keyboard Studies at California State University, Northridge; performing and recording artist.
“There is quite a degree of flexibility that acknowledges individual differences. You could quibble about the details, but the thoroughness and practicality of advice is undeniable. A very refreshing book, filling a space not occupied before in its concise format and genre.”
Dr. Luiz de Moura Castro – Professor of Piano at The Hartt School, University of Hartford.